We are unable to accept 1099/ C2C/ or Sub contractors for this role.
NOVUS Professional Services is seeking an OpenStack Cloud Solutions Engineer with 5+ years of work experience to work for our premier Denver-based client.
Employment Category: W2 Novus Employee
Salary: $50 to $70 Hourly
Work location: Centennial, Colorado
Hybrid In office 3 days a week, Remote 2 days a week
The successful candidate will be an advanced-level technology specialist and subject matter expert, providing customer guidance by facilitating technical workshops, the creation of low-level designs, and the implementation of use cases into high-quality solutions.
In addition to customer-facing delivery Senior Consultants also provide technical input to drive best practices in the form of artifacts such as white papers, ConOps, blogs, etc.
You must be:
- Willing to work on-site at the client’s work location (The client is currently working a Hybrid work schedule, 3 days in the office, and two days remote).
- Located in Denver, Colorado area or willing to relocate before first day of the assignment.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law and regulation.
NOTE: If you will now, or will later on, require sponsorship for employment visa status to legally work for our company, we can not accept you for this position. If selected, Employment Eligibility Verification will be checked.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Deliver administration, maintenance, and ongoing support of the shared cloud environment.
- Build, configure, tune, and implement automation for cloud lifecycle and operational improvement.
- Support of the web interface used by customers to access their cloud environment.
- Responsible for evaluation, development, implementation, optimization, performance, and configuration of customer cloud environments.
- Expected to establish and maintain proficiency on emerging technologies through self-study and on-the-job training.
- Escalate issues and defects as necessary.
- Work directly with escalation teams (development, network, or engineering) until incidents are fully resolved.
- Provide routine communication with customers on progress, status, and root cause.
- Support customers with DNS, IP, and firewall issues regarding Cloud environment.
- Work directly with architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
Technical Skills necessary:
- Knowledge of industry standards and standards organizations (e.g. ITIL, TOGAF, PMP).
- Strong understanding of all virtualization types.
- OS and database administration.
- Solid networking experience and troubleshooting.
- UNIX systems and automation.
- Expertise in the design and operation of medium to large scale enterprise or cloud infrastructure, databases and application systems.
- Expertise in data infrastructure
- Passion for cloud software, tooling and automation; comfort with command line tools and scripting.
- Understand of design principles around networking, storage, and servers.
- Experience working with integration scripting technologies.
- Good understanding of API and tools.
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- ESXi, vCenter Server, Aria Suite of products.
- Storage protocols in VMware such as NFS, iSCSI, FC, FCoE
- Communication skills with the ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management
- Virtualization technologies such as, Nutanix, OpenStack.
- vCloud Director or VMware Cloud Foundation.
- VMware NFV.
- Scripting and automation such as Python, Ansible, PowerCLI.
- Writing and automating test cases for virtualization products.
- Small compute edge deployments.