South Denver Metropolitan area, CO;
Contract to Hire (no C2C);
$50 – $75 Hourly
Benefits: Dental, Medical, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance
NOVUS Professional Services is seeking a Senior AWS Cloud Networking Engineer with 8+ years of experience with strong AWS networking skills.
The location is within the Denver, CO metro area. The client is requiring a hybrid work environment, 3 days in the office, 2 days remote.
The successful candidate is an expert in AWS Network engineering. Strong application support, debugging ,and support skills are required to be successful in the role. Strong cloud infrastructure and system administration management experience is expected. The position requires working with teams to identify and repair issues on an as-needed basis. You will need strong communication skills to be effective. At times, the position will be high pressure. Deadlines are tight and are expected to be met. A proactive demeanor and friendly disposition are essential for success.
As a Senior AWS Network Engineer, you will work with junior and senior engineers, project managers, and Senior Managers. You will work regular weekly business hours and are not usually responsible for customer/client interaction or supervising junior employees.
The successful candidate will have 8+ years of experience.
Successful candidate will be able to:
- Configure and maintain various network security, WAN, LAN, and wireless networking devices in an AWS environment using industry best practices to ensure optimum network performance
- Architect and implement solutions for switching, routing, wireless and network security using network design industry best practices
- Provide advanced support and guidance to software engineering teams
- Build new networks in AWS, adjust security groups, configure transit gateways, configure VPN connectivity and VPC peering
- Develop and document physical and logical network designs
- Communicate with stakeholder management for approval of new and proposed network changes
- Oversee assigned projects
- Work with various 3rd parties to facilitate, manage and execute any special Stakeholder requirements.
- Document network changes with diagramming tools
- Design, develop, maintain and troubleshoot CISCO networking, cloud and security solutions
- Implement and manage a fully converged AWS network
- Configure Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Wireless Controllers using industry best practices
- Configure and implement routing and NHRP protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and HSRP
- Work effectively either independently or as a team
- Communicate both orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to prioritize requests, organize, schedule and coordinate a variety of activities and projects
- Highly capable of troubleshooting complex network issues in an enterprise network environment