Greenwood Village, CO; Contract-to-Hire; $50 – $90 Hourly
Benefits: Dental, Medical, Life Insurance
The remote Data Scientist role is responsible for developing data-driven solutions. They utilize analytical, statistical, and programming skills to clean, aggregate, and analyze large data sets and interpret results. The position requires a strong command of statistical techniques and machine learning algorithms. The Data Scientist will demonstrate practical ability to determine where to invest time, synthesize actionable findings across diverse assignments, and present findings to audiences with diverse agendas and varying levels of technical expertise.
Data Scientist Major Duties and Responsibilities:
As a remote Data Scientist you will actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
This position requires you to execute the complete analytics life-cycle for problem solving, including: requirements gathering, problem formulation, data grooming, data exploration, model prototyping, model validation, and moving to production.
You will leverage knowledge in analytical and statistical algorithms to help stakeholders explore methods to improve the business. Utilize experience and feedback to recommend options during the development/research/analysis phase.
The Data Scientist will lead large-scale exploratory data analyses for new data sources or new uses for existing data sources.
If you enjoy establishing links across existing data sources and find new, interesting data correlations, this job is for you!
The analytics product created must be flexible, modular, and reusable.
Stakeholders expect report data visuals to be creative utilizing a variety of visual formats explaining the importance of patterns in the data.
The Data Scientist will create project plans with defined project goals and deadlines. It is expected issues are escalated and communication is proactive.
Data Science Qualifications:
- 3 years of Data manipulation and statistical modeling as a Scientist, Consultant, Architect, DBA, or Engineer
- 2 years of Programming experience with Python and/or R
- Familiarity with the properties of the major families of machine learning techniques (decision trees, clustering, time series, tree-based models such as random forest, XGBoost), statistical modeling (generalized linear models, time series forecasting), and hypothesis testing (Ttest, sample size estimation, power estimation, ANOVA, etc.)
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and stakeholder relationship skills – able to work effectively with customers from developers and operations personnel through senior management
- Must be self-motivated, results-driven, and able to work with minimum supervision
- Intellectually curious
- Experience using a data science toolkit such as Python or R
- Extensive experience with analytical and statistical software
- Passionate about data maintenance, data quality control and all other important data analysis techniques
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail and data accuracy
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication, verbal and written, relationship management, and customer service skills with a focus on working effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally to solve complex problems and improve quality and service
- Ability to perform involved and independent research and analysis
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information
- Willingness to learn: Develop expertise in areas outside of core comfort zone
- Minimum education qualification is a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, operations research and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Data Scientist Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with one or more scripting, analysis, or ETL languages and ability to rapidly learn new languages or techniques
- Experience with large data sets and the tools to obtain, transform, and store data on Big Data and streaming services
- Experience with distributed computing tools such as Hadoop or Map/Reduce
- Preferred Education
- Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, operations research or other quantitatively-focus fields
Preferred Related Work Experience and Number of Years Related Experience:
- 1+ years of Phd
- 2+ years of Masters
- 3+ years of Bachelors