Greenwood Village/ Denver, CO;
Contract; $60 – $80 Hourly
Benefits: Dental, Medical, Life Insurance
NOVUS Professional Services is seeking a Senior level Linux Systems Engineer/Architect to work with our premier Denver client. This position will be responsible for creating Golden Linux Images for the enterprise. You will lead in the planning, design, development, implementation, and execution Linux systems engineering for the Linux environments. You will drive identification and adoption of best-in-class development. Designs, develop and implement platform enhancements and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Experience with the Linux Kernal
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in UNIX/Linux engineering/administration
- Solid (RPM and Debian) Linux engineering, troubleshooting, testing and hardening experience
- Experience using new RPM tools like ip, dnf, nmcli
- Experience using apt, ubiquity, debian installer, ufw
- Familiar writing, reading and understanding yaml, and json files
- Automation/Scripting skills: perl, bash and python
- Hands-on experience designing, implementing and optimizing Linux file-systems
- Experience with vcenter, vmware ovftool, and hashicorp vault and packer tools
- Knowledge of CIS Workbench hardening, Linux Test Project and eliciting test cases; experience with Linux troubleshooting, hardening, and performance tuning
- Gitlab experience creating workflows, CI/CD pipelines, setting variables
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- API-driven configuration
- Write and review pull/merge requests in Git
- Creating Linux system images and publishing to a repository system such as Artifactory, etc.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator certification
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Can clearly and professionally communicate with peers and solution vendors, both in person and through approved electronic communication means.
- Ability to schedule and coordinate multiple projects, communicate project requirements and objectives.
- Ability to meet deliverable objectives with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of Telco or related service provider services and technologies.
Refer to Job ID 00042669