Dallas-Fort Worth, TX;
Must be a US Citizen;
Direct hire; $95,000 to $200,000 Annually
Client Benefits: Dental, Medical, 401K, Paid Time Off, Retirement Plan, Relocation assistance, + more
Cyber Security Test Engineering
NOVUS Professional Services is seeking multiple Cyber Security Test Engineers to work for our client in Fort Worth, TX. Candidates MUST be US Citizens and have from 3 – 20 years of experience in this field.
The candidate will be helping our client by building the future as they support the Army with the modernization of their fleet in the Future Vertical Lift program. To do this, we are seeking hands-on, creative engineers with experience in the transportation, defense, robotics, software, or aerospace industry to create the future of Army Aviation: Bell’s V-280 Valor.
The Product Cybersecurity Test Team is responsible for developing test procedures to execute program test plans for aircraft avionics, mission, and digital backbone systems. As a Cybersecurity Test Engineer, you will work collaboratively with the test team manager, product engineering teams, and test team members to identify testing needs to support product design and deliver customer required deliverables. You will be part of the Product Cyber Team that supports our client’s airborne product lines and programs.
Duties may include utilization of vulnerability scan tools, creating aircraft architecture test procedures, test cases, and threat modeling. Serve as SME for various engineering functions and review/validate/test the impact to all design changes. Develop test standards and best practices. Assist in design and maintenance of our client’s Cyber Systems Integration Labs.
Position Responsibilities may also Include:
- Perform and document cyber tests of aircraft systems.
- Research and remain up to date with emerging threats, attack methodologies and cyber testing tools.
- Develop and execute cybersecurity test procedures based on program test plans for future and existing aircraft systems.
- Evaluate security test plans and develop appropriate test procedures and pass/fail criteria.
- Interpret threat intelligence and apply to test development on aircraft system
- Build and manage relationships with internal and external customers for successful execution of test plans.
- Generation of test reports to support engineering design and contract deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required (experience in lieu of a degree may be considered).
- Prefer Electrical/Electronic Engineering (EE), Electronic Engineering in Technology (EET), Computer Science, and/or Cyber Security degree.
- The successful applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD Security Clearance.
- A minimum of three years of experience is required with knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Penetration testing
- Vulnerability detection and management
- Adversarial attack development and methodology
- System exploitation vectors
- Cyber threat analysis
- Experience developing and implementing custom exploits and exploitation tools in support of penetration tests or cyber threat emulation exercises.
- Knowledge in bus analysis and testing of traditional IP based architectures to include 802.1, 802.11 and 802.3
- Knowledge in bus analysis and testing of non-traditional architectures such as ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, CAN, AFDX and TSN.
- Provide subject matter expertise support in the detection, analysis, and mitigation of malware, trends in malware development and capabilities, and proficiency with malware analysis capabilities.
- Experience with cyber testing tools and uses.
- Must be able to translate testing results into written and verbal formats which can be understood at different cyber understanding levels.
- Must have the ability to adapt and learn quickly in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Must have the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively to coordinate and lead activities, prioritize tasks, and report status.
- Must be able to build and maintain effective relationships with customers, internal and external suppliers, as well as horizontal integrations across the other teams.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 2 plus years of experience utilizing tools to generate artifacts to support the RMF process.
- Expertise in policies, industry trends, techniques related to penetration testing.
- Prior DoD Red Team experience
- Ability to automate tasks and scripts.
* Relocation Assistance policy is in effect / applies for this position for candidates who qualify.
You have the unique opportunity to join a different kind of team; one that is focused on pushing boundaries, one that advocates for their customers by presenting them with the very best and by cultivating a culture of inclusivity and excitement for what’s ahead.
Our client is an award-winning organization with a legacy of reliability, precision, and exceeding expectations. Be on the forefront of flight technology and join the team!